[imp] smime certificates on ldap

Rohit Baisakhiya rohitbaisakhiya at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 10:54:15 UTC 2007

On 3/21/07, Rakesh <rakesh at netcore.co.in> wrote:

> Rohit Baisakhiya wrote:

> >> certificates

> >> users

> >> fetch

> >> All you should need is to create a proper mapping in
> >> turba/config/sources.php from smimePublicKey to userSMIMECertificates.
> >>
> >> Jan.
> >>

> > Thanks for the reply, i did what u said but cannt see the certificates
> when
> > searching on the global address book from horde.
> >

> Ensure that you have  smimePublicKey  and userSMIMECertificates in the
> search array as well for ldap. That makes the field search able and
> should help you.

Thanks for the replies, actually the mapping is 1 of the steps in turba but
real catch is with the certificate format that is uploaded in the ldap. We
copied the certificate text

--------------BEGNING CERTIFICATE----------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX....

in to a normal text file and added the source in an ldif file like this

dn: uid=xxxx,o=xxxxx
add: userSMIMECertificate
userSMIMECertificate:< file:///path/to/the/text/file/created/in/previousstep

added this via ldapmodify and now the user certificate i imported into ldap
is searchable and usable in horde from global address book.

--
Regards,
Rohit Baisakhiya