[imp] Feature Request.

Anant Athavale asa at isac.gov.in
Sat Apr 14 12:25:01 UTC 2007

> Zitat von Anant Athavale <asa at isac.gov.in>:
>
>> Dear List:
>>
>> I would like to have this feature while composing.  When you are in
>> compose window, you click on Address Book, select the address book and
>> when you type nothing in Find and click on Search, it should not
>> display anything.  At present it displays all the e-mail addresses in
>> the address book.
>>
>> In simple, blank search should not be allowed during compose/address book.
>
> No, it's the only way to get a complete address book listing.

You are right.  But, what has happened recently in our setup is, one
user has sent a junk mail to all the addresses using this feature.  He
selected all the addresses and put it in To and sent a mail.

>> When we use Address book (not in Compose), the search for blank does
>> not give any output.  Similarly, it should happen in Compose
>> windows->address book search also.
>>
>> Or, there should be an configuration option, which will allow/disallow
>> "blank" search during compose->Address book search.
>
> Did you try disabling "browse" in Turba?

I just tried that, but it only disables the address book for browsing.
  The address book is still searchable by Turba->Search option as well
as in Compose->Address Book->Search.