[imp] Feature Request.

Anant Athavale asa at isac.gov.in
Wed Apr 18 02:42:48 UTC 2007

Quoting Steve Williams <steve at lasnobberia.net>:

> Quoting Anant Athavale <asa at isac.gov.in>:
>
>> Here is my sources.php contents for LDAP:

>> $cfgSources['localldap'] = array(
>>    'title' => _("ISACMAIL LDAP Directory"),
>>    'type' => 'ldap',
>>    'params' => array(
>>        // 'server' => 'localhost',
>>        'server' => 'ldapserver',
>>        'port' => 389,
>>        'tls' => false,
>>        'root' => 'dc=dos',
>>        'bind_dn' => 'cn=Manager,dc=dos',
>>        'bind_password' => 'xxxxxxx',
>>        'sizelimit' => 200,
>>        'dn' => array('cn'),
>>        'objectclass' => array('employee'),
>
> This doesn't look right to me. Try changing 'employee' to
> 'inetOrgPerson' and see if you get different results from turba.

In my LDAP setup, I am not using the attribute inetOrgPerson.

> Good luck, steve
>
>>        'scope' => 'sub',
>>        'charset' => 'iso-8859-1',
>>        // Consult the LDAP schema to verify that all required attributes for
>>        // an entry are set and add them if needed.
>>        'checkrequired' => false,
>>        // Value used to fill in missing required attributes.
>>        'checkrequired_string' => ' ',
>>        // Check LDAP schema for valid syntax. If this is false an address
>>        // field is assumed to have postalAddress syntax; otherwise
>>  the schema
>>        // is consulted for the syntax to use.
>>        'checksyntax' => false,
>>        'version' => 3
>>    ),
>>    'map' => array(
>>        '__key' => 'dn',
>>        'name' => 'cn',
>>        'email' => 'mail',
>>        'staffnumber' => 'staffnumber'
>>    ),
>>    'search' => array(
>>        'name',
>>        'email',
>>        'staffnumber'
>>    ),
>>    'strict' => array(
>>        'dn',
>>    ),
>>    'export' => true,
>>    'browse' => true,
>> );
>>
>> Note: when sizelimit is 0, it lists all the addresses in browse.
>
> You mean it does what you want it to? So why not set sizelimit to 0?

The problem with sizelimit 0 is, in Compose->Address Book->LDAP
Address Book search for blank returns all the e-mail addresses.  I do
not want a blank search to be allowed.  For that, Jan suggested to try
setting browse = false.  As per the comments defined for browse,
setting it false, should not allow for blank search, but it does
search and lists all e-mail addresses.

If you need any more clarifications, please let me know.

>> Quoting Steve Williams <steve at lasnobberia.net>:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Can you post the LDAP section of your Turba config file, obviously, if
>>> you are statically authenticating, please clip the username and
>>> password. I suspect you might be using the wrong scope, dn, or
>>> objectclass.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Steve
>>

>> Regards,