[imp] Feature Request.

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Wed Apr 18 16:19:20 UTC 2007

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007, Anant Athavale wrote:

> The problem with sizelimit 0 is, in Compose->Address Book->LDAP
> Address Book search for blank returns all the e-mail addresses.  I do
> not want a blank search to be allowed.  For that, Jan suggested to try
> setting browse = false.  As per the comments defined for browse,
> setting it false, should not allow for blank search, but it does
> search and lists all e-mail addresses.
>
> If you need any more clarifications, please let me know.

What you describe is exactly how it works.  I have exactly the same issue
here at OSU.  Our directory server will only return 200 entries at a time,
and I also set the sizelimit to 200 in my sources file (redundant, but for
completeness sake).

I am a little confused by part of what you say...  You would like users to
be able to browse (list all entries) from within Turba itself, but you do
NOT want a blank search in IMP's address book tool to return all entries?

I can certainly agree that it would be nice to disable the blank search in
IMP's address book tool.  Inevitably, the unlucky first 200 people
returned in that search get spammed by our users that want to send email
to everyone at OSU (thank god we limit it to 200!).  We already disable
browse on this source in Turba.  A blank search within Turba returns no
results.  It would be nice if a blank search from IMP's address book tool
did the same.

 	Andy