[imp] Fetchmail auto-poll

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sun Apr 22 00:03:37 UTC 2007

Quoting Chris Warren <chris at dawgiestyle.com>:

> Thanks for the reply, Chuck.  I've been searching forever, and I've only
> found 1 reference to fetchmail in the sork archives, or any others for
> that matter.  Apparently, somebody was developing a fetchmail frontend
> for sork, but gave up when IMP included its fetchmail functionality.
> I don't mean to get off the topic of IMP, but it would be great to see a
> module like Ingo (with its ability to upload server-side filter files,
> as well as use "on demand" filters), but geared toward fetchmail
> and .fetchmailrc files.
>
> I'm not very skilled with PHP, so the Horde framework is intimidating,
> but if I was going to develop a seperate fetchmail module, I'd probably
> start with Ingo.

Cool. Well even if you can't code it yourself you could sponsor it if
it's important to you, with a bounty (http://horde.org/bounties) or by
hiring a developer directly (http://horde.org/consulting).

> Then again, maybe it would be easier to add a "backend" or "auto-poll"
> option to IMP's fetchmail functions.

IMP has an option in HEAD to do fetchmail every time the sidebar
refreshes. But I don't see IMP getting features that run when you're
not logged in.

-chuck