[imp] UTF-8 problems

Kevin Konowalec webadmin at ualberta.ca
Tue May 8 01:03:15 UTC 2007

Horde: 3.1.4
Imp: H3 (4.1.4)
PHP Version: 4.4.1
OpenBSD 4.1
Viewing on safari 2.0.4 (but problem exists on all tested browsers)

Just finishing upgrading to the latest and greatest across the board
but I've noticed that there seems to be problems reading utf-8
encoded messages.  I'm once again getting the "This message was
written in a character set (UTF-8) other than your own." message.  I
thought it might have been a PHP4 problem so I checked my configure
arguments (see below) and to me it looks like it should have compiled
PHP4 with the proper extensions for UTF8.  But it's still not
working.  On some messages when I click to open the message in a new
window it opens up and I can read it just fine, on others I just get
a blank screen.  I'm pretty sure this was working at one point or
another so I'm thinking that I must have forgotten a step when
rebuilding.  Any thoughts on what I might have missed would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

kevin

CONFIGURE_ARGS+= --with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs \
                 --enable-xml \
                 --enable-wddx \
                 --enable-cli \
                 --with-iconv=${LOCALBASE} \