[imp] $pref['mail_domain'] in CVS

Liam Hoekenga liamr at deathstar.org
Tue May 8 17:23:15 UTC 2007

I posted about this a few weeks ago.  We're looking at the CVS version
in anticipation of the Horde 3.2 / IMP 4.2 release.  We're skipping the
3.1 / 4.1 release completely.

One of the problems we've identified in an IMP 4.0.x -> 4.2.x migration
is the new address behavior.  Don't get me wrong, I love the AJAX drop
down that was backported from DIMP.. but in 4.0.x, if you gave it an
unqualified address, it would tack a default maildomain on to it.

IMP 4.2 CVS appears to have a preference for this purpose -
$pref['mail_domain'], which is described as..

    When sending mail or expanding addresses, what domain should we
    append to unqualified addresses (email addresses without "@")?

Nothing appears to actually use that preference.  Instead, if you try
sending a message with an unqualified address, you get..

    There was an error sending your message: Validation failed for: joeuser@

I'll file this as a bug if that's more appropriate, but we'd like to see
this behavior fixed.

Liam