[imp] sent-mail folder listed twice

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Tue May 15 13:24:58 UTC 2007

Cyrus does not show you what is on the filesystem, but rather what
folders the user has access to.

The plain sent-mail is probably a stray folder under the Cyrus root
and the INBOX.sent-mail is probably this user's sent-mail folder,
the one you see on the filesystem under .../user/xss.

You can see this if you telnet to the imap port, login as that user,
and then do a list command.  If you run the Cyrus server you might
also do a "ctl_mboxlist -d" and look for the sent-mail that is not
under any user, or, use cyradm and compare "lm user.xss.sent-mail"
to "lm sent-mail".

Joseph Brennan
Lead Email Systems Engineer

--On Tuesday, May 15, 2007 11:55 +0200 Andreas Haumer <andreas at xss.co.at>