[imp] possible bug? or a determined script kiddie?

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue May 22 14:53:18 UTC 2007

Quoting Joseph Brennan <brennan at columbia.edu>:

> But this does not seem in any way to be an IMP bug.  We talked briefly
> about adding a capcha to the login page, but since it was precisely
> one account involved, the trouble did not seem worthwhile.

It's worth noting again that IMP 4.2 has rate-limiting features that
let you limit the number of recipients a single message can be sent
to, as well as the number of recipients a single account can send
email to in a configurable time period (by default 24 hours). This
uses the new sentmail logging feature, if you're searching the config
for it.

-chuck