[imp] Upgrading to Webmail Groupware Edition (1.0.1)

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Fri Jun 22 20:42:15 UTC 2007

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007, Son Truong wrote:

> Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
>> Quoting Son Truong <svt at st-andrews.ac.uk>:
>>

>>> I am in the process of upgrading from Horde 2.2.9/IMP 3.2.8/Turba 1.2.2
>>> to Webmail Groupware Edition (1.0.1) and would like make some
>>> corrections to the documents and give some tips...
>>>
>>> So you've installed Webmail Groupware Edition on a 'test' server and got
>>> it working and now would like to transfer the Address Book and user
>>> Preferences database for the new server...
>>>
>>> In 'horde/turba/scripts/upgrades' the 1.2_to_2.0.sql script is missing
>>> two object columns, object_members and object_type, the script should
>>> now be this:
>>>

>> No, it should not. If you don't have those columns then you never
>> properly upgraded to 1.2. If we added them to the 2.0 migration script
>> we would be screwing over everyone who followed the instructions
>> updating to 1.2.
>>

> I wasn't asking you to be 'screwing over everyone who followed the
> instructions updating to 1.2'... I am just trying to help out here... If
> my turba table is NOT 1.2 then horde/turba has never complained about it
> EVEN when I am running 1.2.2. This is UNLIKE turba in the Webmail
> Groupware Edition 1.0.1 as it DOES COMPLAIN if those columns are missing
> from whatever version you are moving from...
>
> I should have been more precise in saying 'this is what I found missing
> from the1.2_to_2.0.sql script' when I performed the transfer/upgrade...
> sorry you got the impression that I was saying YOUR documentation was
> WRONG! (which I wasn't).
>>> So for me the 'last login' message always says 'never' once I perform
>>> the preferences transfer, so I need to delete all 'last login' entries
>>> from this table:
>>>

>> http://www.horde.org/horde/docs/?f=UPGRADING.html#upgrading-horde-from-2-x-to-3-0-x
>> http://wiki.horde.org/FAQ/Admin/Troubleshoot#toc4
>>
>> -chuck
>>
> Apologies for the NOISE. I must refrain from TRYING to contribute next
> time...
> Regards,
> Son Truong

Err, sounds like this thread got a little out of control...  All you need
to know about upgrading is in each application's docs/UPGRADING file.
They include instructions for upgrading from the older versions as well,
such as Turba 1.1 -> 1.2, etc.

I recently went through the upgrade from Horde2 apps to Horde3.  It is
fairly straight-forward if you make a careful list of steps and read the
UPGRADING files completely.  I even caught a few things that I had missed
in earlier upgrades (it sounds like this happened to you too).

Anyways, was your original post a question, or just a summary of upgrade
notes/steps?

 	Andy