[imp] Anyone else getting long delays after login, then things work fine until new imap connections opened? (cyrus imap 2.3.x)

Darrell Budic budic at onholyground.com
Thu Jun 28 14:34:44 UTC 2007

Thanks all. Bill got to me first, but Eric hit it right on the head.
I still had the default/sample/demo LDAP servers configured from the
previous versions. Have not figured out exactly which one(s) were
giving me problems, but disabling them restored the expected behavior
of a quick instant login. And now that every thing else is tuned to
within an inch or so of it's life, everything is nice and quick.

Side note to everyone else hunting for this, I didn't see anything in
LSOF, but once I knew what I was looking for, I saw some connections
with a netstat -an to port 389 that took their time... This seemed to
start in with the most recent IMP update, so version H3 4.1.4 for me.
Could have been an accident of timing, but...

Thanks again!

    -Darrell