[imp] WG: Re: Adding user address (cert) import feature not correct.

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Jul 13 15:55:29 UTC 2007

----- Weitergeleitete Nachricht von hmbrock at gmail.com -----
     Datum:  Fri, 13 Jul 2007 11:02:30 -0400
       Von: "H.M. Brock" <hmbrock at gmail.com>
   Betreff:  Re: [imp] Adding user address (cert) import feature not correct.
        An: Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>

Thanks Jan for the help. I imported the ca into the server cert as you instructed me earlier.
ex.
--begin cert--
server cert
--end cert--
--begin cert--
ca cert
--end cert--

Correct? Is this what you mean?

I think I have a configuration problem in apache config file and also setting up certs right. (If I read the mod_ssl dirv. correctly that is where my problem may be)

I AM not a developer and appreciate you assistance and realize you time is important.

Best regards,
Hiram

On 7/13/07, JAN SCHNEIDER <jan at horde.org[1]> wrote:  Zitat von "H.M. Brock" <hmbrock at gmail.com[2]>:

> Hello,
>
> When using the import user option in web mail to allow for the users
> certificate to be saved in the address book
>
> "The S/MIME certificate of Admin <admin at backupserver.backup.local[3]>: View/Save
> in your Address Book"
>
> is clicked it pulls the OU part out of cert and places it in the Name space.

OU is not a cert field.

> Name: OU name of cert is here ??
> Address:
> Alias:
>
> Using this feature allows for the cert to be placed in address book under
> s/mime public cert section when viewing contacts and I think to
> authenticate and verify.
>
> I have tried this on 2 servers with same result.
>
> Could this cause the error of signers certificate not being able to verify
> signed mail from other users?

No, you are simply missing this cert's ca cert in your system's cert
collection.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/ [4]

  Jan.