[imp] Certificate failure for self signed certificate -- godaddy cert

Marco C. Coelho maillist1 at argontech.net
Fri Jul 20 00:23:03 UTC 2007

I just updated my certificates on the primary mail server.  After which
Horde couldn't log in any more.

running imp/test.php I get:

    * /Trying protocol imap/ssl, Port 993:/

          ERROR - The server returned the following error message:

          Certificate failure for mail.argontech.net: self signed certificate in
          certificate chain: /C=US/O=The Go Daddy Group, Inc./OU=Go Daddy Class 2
          Certification Authority

The mail server seems to be ok in all respects.  It seems to puke on the
GoDaddy cert.  I've got the correct sf_issuing.crt on the mail server
that imp is talking to.

Temporarily I've added /novalidate-cert to the end of the imap protocol
string in servers.php

this allows logins with no errors.

Any help would be appreciated.

Marco