[imp] DIMP H3 (1.0-ALPHA)

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Aug 2 22:09:04 UTC 2007

The Horde Team is pleased to announce the first alpha release of the Dynamic
Internet Messaging Program (DIMP) version H3 (1.0).

DIMP (Dynamic Internet Messaging Program, or Dynamic IMP) is a PHP-based
webmail system and a component of the Horde project.  DIMP is a version of the
webmail client IMP utilizing AJAX-like technologies to allow a more dynamic
user experience than traditionally offered via IMP.

This is a preview version that should not be used on production systems.  This
version is considered feature complete but there might still be a few bugs.
You should not use this preview version over existing production data.

We encourage widespread testing and feedback via the mailing lists or our bug
tracking system.  Updated translations are very welcome, though some strings
might still change before the final release.

DIMP requires Horde version 3.2 and IMP version H3 (4.2) to run.

The DIMP H3 (1.0-ALPHA) distribution is available from the following locations:

    ftp://ftp.horde.org/pub/dimp/dimp-h3-1.0-alpha.tar.gz
    http://ftp.horde.org/pub/dimp/dimp-h3-1.0-alpha.tar.gz

Or, for quicker access, download from your nearest mirror:

    http://www.horde.org/mirrors.php

MD5 sums for the packages are as follows:

    853a8423310f1bf2d332d8933b361f28  dimp-h3-1.0-alpha.tar.gz

Have fun!

The Horde Team.