[imp] Login to Cyrus IMPAD from IMP?

Thor Vik Consulting tvc at wingthor.net
Fri Aug 24 08:14:11 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I have installed  IMP 3.imp-h3-4.1.4. on a horde-3.1.4 server. I want
Horde to use an application as auth mechanism, and so have choosed imp
as application in the ./horde/config/conf.php. When login the horde
authpage just return to it self with blank fields. The horde log states
a succesfull login, if I give a wrong password it states wrong password
as it should. In the server.php in ./horde/imp/config/server.php. I have
used settings as given below, since I am using a cyrus imap server.

$servers['cyrus'] = array(
   'name' => 'Cyrus IMAP Server',
   'server' => 'localhost',
   'hordeauth' => true,
   'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
   'port' => 143,
   'folders' => '',
   'namespace' => '',
//    'namespace' => 'INBOX.',
   'maildomain' => 'myserver.somewhere',
   'smtphost' => 'localhost',
   'smtpport' => 25,
   'realm' => '',
   'preferred' => '',
   'admin' => array(
       'params' => array(
           'login' => 'cyrusadm',
           'password' => 'secret',
           // The 'userhierarchy' parameter defaults to 'user.'
           // If you are using a nonstandard hierarchy for personal
           // mailboxes, you will need to set it here.
           'userhierarchy' => 'user.',
           // Although these defaults are normally all that is required,
           // you can modify the following parameters from their default
           // values.
           'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
           'hostspec' => 'localhost',
           'port' => 143
       )
   ),
   'quota' => array(
       'driver' => 'cyrus',
       'params' => array(
           'login' => 'cyrusadm',
           'password' => 'secret',
           // The 'userhierarchy' parameter defaults to 'user.'
           // If you are using a nonstandard hierarchy for personal
           // mailboxes, you will need to set it here.
           'userhierarchy' => 'user.',
           // Although these defaults are normally all that is required,
           // you can modify the following parameters from their default
           // values.
           'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
           'hostspec' => 'localhost',
           'port' => 143
       )
   ),
   'acl' => array(
       'driver' => 'rfc2086',
   ),
   'dotfiles' => false,
   'hierarchies' => array());

Does anyone have any ideas what might causes this?

Regards

Wingthor