[imp] Fwd: Re: imp crashes apache at logon

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Oct 17 22:18:39 UTC 2007

----- Weitergeleitete Nachricht von liutauras at infosaitas.lt -----
      Datum: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 00:15:04 +0300
        Von: liutauras at infosaitas.lt
    Betreff: Re: [imp] imp crashes apache at logon
         An: Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>

> Zitat von Liutauras Adomaitis <liutauras at infosaitas.lt>:
>
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> I have a question about horde and apache crash with core dump.
>>
>> I had my horde with imp on simple apache, but now moved to chrooted
>> enviroment. Chroot is done with mod_chroot. After that, horde, actually imp
>> is crashing then I try to login.
>
>> So I decided that there is something wrong with IMP. Anybody has any clues?
>
> PHP code can *never* crash a web server. There is nothing wrong with IMP.
>
> Jan.
>
> --

It turned out, that I was wrong. The imap_lsub function were
segfaulting apache. I then through exactly the same steps as described
here http://www.gablog.eu/online/node/17.
This blog describes the very same problem I was strugling. And placing
passwd file in chroot with apache user information solved problem as
it did in that blog.

Liutauras

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/