[imp] fetchmail in Background

Thu Oct 18 11:03:37 UTC 2007

Hi,

Jan Schneider schrieb:
> Please keep discussions on the list.

Sorry. Such was not my intention.

>>> http://www.fetchmail.info/
>> Hi,
>>
>> Yes, thank you, I know "fetchmail" (and of course, use it!)
>>
>> But: I want that users can configure their fetchmail settings inside
>> horde (as they do now) and have a program fetch their mail
>> periodically.  And not only when they login. Because many users also
>> use IMAP directly and use horde only when they're on the road.
>>
>> Maybe this could be fetchmail but how do I get users fetchmail
>> settings to the fetchmail program (and let fetchmail behave as users
>> expect/behave *the same* as horde does)?
>
> You could write a small module for it. Or a special preference. With
> Horde 3.2 even a simple preference hook.

:-(
I hoped that something like that exists (and I wonder that I'm the one
user who would like that feature).

In the moment I have a php-Script that reads out all variables from the
database and pipes them to fetchmail. But it doesn't work very well and
it is not possible to automatically place the mails in a specified IMAP
folder as in imp's fetchmail :-(

Best regards,
Niki