[imp] [Fwd: Unable to authenticate using imap]

Alan Kong kkkong at ee.cuhk.edu.hk
Sat Oct 27 03:34:59 UTC 2007

Dear Jan,

Yes. Sure "imap" is our imap server and I have confirmed that I could
access imap server using "telnet" to port 143 from the computer where
"horde" resides.

I did a small test. I re-named the "horde" CVS and used "horde" release
version came with CentOS5.0. I config. horde to authenticate with same
"imap" settings from what I did with the CVS version.  And  I could not
authenticate  using "imap" neither.
Now I started to doubt whether  "horde"  ported to CentOS 5.0  worked.

Could someone on the list confirm whether  "horde" comes with CentOS
5.0 actually works? I only want to use the syncML function from horde. I
have webmail, address book and calender running on other production
systems without much problem.

Thank you.

Regards
Alan