[imp] IMAP Proxy?

Rafael Varela Pet srrafa at usc.es
Mon Nov 19 10:42:23 UTC 2007

Hi,

El vie, 16-11-2007 a las 10:19 -0700, Michael M Slusarz escribió:

> Quoting "Leland J. Steinke" <steinkel at ctinetworks.com>:
>
> > The UP-imapproxy site is non-responsive.  Should I keep trying to get
> > UP-imapproxy or just go with perdition?
>
> If you are only looking for a way to eliminate the overhead to
> create/end the IMAP->PHP server connections, then using perdition is
> absolute overkill.

What alternatives would you suggest to eliminate that overhead if you
have multiple IMAP servers?

Currently we are using www.imapproxy.org, but it lacks support for more
than one IMAP server (well, it can be done, but with some hacking)

Quoting the imapproxy FAQ:

> Can IMAP Proxy support multiple backend servers?
>
> The short answer is yes. The long answer is, don't use a screwdriver
> to hammer in a nail. If you want IMAP Proxy to be able to proxy to
> multiple backend IMAP servers, you can run multiple instances of IMAP
> Proxy and make sure each instance is looking at a different
> configuration file. Before you do this, take a look at perdition which
> appears to have been designed with this specific task in mind.

Regards,

--
Rafael Varela Pet
Area de Tecnoloxías da Información e Comunicacións

Universidade de Santiago de Compostela
15782 Santiago de Compostela
http://www.usc.es/atic