[imp] Documentation

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Dec 31 11:53:13 UTC 2007

Zitat von Damien Hull <dhull at digitaloverload.net>:

> Craig White wrote:

>>> That's not in the Debian how-to. I double checked the wiki and did a
>>> search for administrator account. Berried in the middle some where is a
>>> line describing the very instructions you talk about. I just don't like
>>> it when a how-to skips over things.
>>>
>>> I've installed other php applications. Most of them have a nice setup
>>> tool. You point your browser at the setup tool and it walks you through
>>> the install process. Is there a reason horde doesn't have this?
>>>
>> ----
>> actually, it does do that...you just have to log in for the first time.
>>
>> BUT
>>
>> I don't see how you could use it without the ability to edit the config
>> files because clearly you can't use IMP without editing 'servers.php' or
>> turba without editing 'sources.php'
>>
>> Craig
>>

> I've got IMP working. The install process wasn't that bad. I'm thinking
> of going through it one more time just to make sure I understand how to
> do it. Next time I'll document everything I do.
>
> NOTES:
> There were a few things I did differently form the Debian how-to.
>
>    1. I installed and configured horde3
>    2. I configured the Administrator account
>          1. I need to test it
>    3. I didn't change the permissions for the config files
>    4. Installed IMP
>    5. Went back to the horde admin page to set authentication etc...
>    6. Configured IMP on the web interface
>    7. Installed Auth_SASL
>    8. ran test.php in Firefox
>    9. Tested IMP
>          1. Copied the correct server settings for servers.php
>   10. Configured email settings in /etc/horde/imp4/servers.php
>
> It works!
>
> Next time I'll install all the extras.

I have no idea why this has to be discussed on the Horde mailing list.
If you install Horde from the tarballs we provide, you can follow our
documentation step-by-step. If you install Horde Groupware you even
have a setup script.
If the Debian installation process is not working or not correctly
documented, tell the Debian maintainers, not us.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/