[imp] Documentation

Norberto Bensa nbensa at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 12:22:22 UTC 2007

Quoting Damien Hull <dhull at digitaloverload.net>:

> Norberto Bensa wrote:
>>
>> Everything you need is documented in /etc/horde/... config files or
>>  in the horde ui itself. The default admin user is (IIRC)
>> administrator  (or Administrator)
>>

> That's not in the Debian how-to.

Is that an official Debian-howto or some of those "hey I installed
this and that and I want to show you I'm better than you're by not
showing some obscure but very important detail" blogs that are
ultimately predating the web?

I've installed Imp on Gentoo (which BTW, it's the distro with the
better docs I've ever seen) and on Ubuntu, and although horde/imp is
not the easiest to install webapp, it wasn't that hard either.

> I just don't like
> it when a how-to skips over things.

Now you can see what I'm talking about :)

> I've installed other php applications. Most of them have a nice setup
> tool. You point your browser at the setup tool and it walks you through
> the install process. Is there a reason horde doesn't have this?

Horde does just that when it isn't configured. Just remember to:

move conf/*.php.dist to conf/*.php

Then point your browser to the url of your docroot, and use the
"built-in" "Administrator" account (remember that your config files
need write permission by www-data)

Best regards,
Norberto