[imp] What causes "Linking from untrusted source is denied!"

Joonas Hämäläinen list-joonas at nettitieto.fi
Fri Feb 1 08:03:43 UTC 2008

Hips,

I have encountered problem with https:// links in imp read mails. When
one receives mail which contains link to file, and that is https://
link, imp will be throwing error:

Linking from untrusted source is denied!
webmail.yourdomain.com

Our horde installation is behind SSL, target is behind SSL certificate
and both certificates are valid thawte certis. If I then use our testing
horde installation which runs over regular http, and read similar mail,
I can open this file just fine.

What causes this error, Linking from untrusted source is denied? If I
refresh that page, it loads that file, but why it gives this error
first? And how do I remove this step to make it easier for end-users to
open their files.

And to make it clear, problem is with files. Like
https://www.example.org/folder/example.pdf written to mail, and that is
generated as link and causes this error.

Joonas Hämäläinen