[imp] Message forwarding bug in Imp H3 (4.2-RC2)

Otto Stolz Otto.Stolz at uni-konstanz.de
Mon Feb 11 09:49:32 UTC 2008

Hello,

Chuck Hagenbuch has written:
> I have added help text about forwarding messages, and changed the
> "attachments only" option to really not include the body text.

and later:
> Hmm, okay. I thought that "Attachments Only" sounded like just
> attachments, but I can change the description and help text instead.
> Okay, see
> http://lists.horde.org/archives/cvs/Week-of-Mon-20080211/074772.html
> then. That reverts the behavior change, updates the label, and updates
> the new help text. How's that?

I think, the best, i. e. most lucid and versatile, user interface
would be:
- a set of radio buttons with three alternatives: ‘Quote body text’,
   ‘Attach body text’, ‘Omit body text’,
- plus a checkbox: ‘Include attachments’,
giving the user choices in two orthogonal dimensions.
This comprises all options proposed so far.

The checkbox should only be available, if the original mail has
any attachments. Likewise, the radio buttons should not be available,
if the original message has no body text (or a bodytext consisting
of white-space only).

In Mimp, the checkbox could be checked, automagically, whenever
the user chooses ‘Omit body text’.

Best wishes,
   Otto Stolz