[imp] DIMP + "delete" key

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Fri Feb 22 04:15:14 UTC 2008

> Quoting Liam Hoekenga <liamr at deathstar.org>:
>
>> When I read a message in DIMP (Firefox 2.0.0.12, OSX 1.5.0.2) and press
>> delete, all it does is unselect the message.  If I've read the messages
>> after the message I tried to delete, DIMP will move to the next
>> message.  If the subsequent messages are unread, it unselects the
>> message and displays the usage boiler plate.
>
> Try this:
> http://lists.horde.org/archives/cvs/Week-of-Mon-20080218/075179.html

I would ask that this be reverted, because the previous behavior was
by design.  Since the backspace is used as a navigation key in most
browsers, it was specifically disabled from deleting messages.  You
have to go out of your way to use the Delete key to delete a message,
which can be seen as an additional check to make absolute sure you
want to perform a destructive action.

michael