[imp] DIMP + "delete" key

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri Feb 22 04:26:04 UTC 2008

>> Try this:
>> http://lists.horde.org/archives/cvs/Week-of-Mon-20080218/075179.html
>
> I would ask that this be reverted, because the previous behavior was
> by design.  Since the backspace is used as a navigation key in most
> browsers, it was specifically disabled from deleting messages.  You
> have to go out of your way to use the Delete key to delete a message,
> which can be seen as an additional check to make absolute sure you
> want to perform a destructive action.

Well, on my laptop keyboard, the key labeled "Delete" actually sends
KEY_BACKSPACE, and there is no key that sends KEY_DELETE. Deleting
mail is a pretty common action, and I don't see a reason to make it
hard - only for people who have chosen to expunge mail immediately on
delete is this actually a destructive action.

-chuck