[imp] DIMP search

Michael Redinger Michael.Redinger at uibk.ac.at
Sun Feb 24 20:52:39 UTC 2008

Hi,

how does DIMP determine which parts of the messages to look at when
performing a search?
When I enter a string in the search field, it seems only the "to" field
is searched.
I wanted to change this to "to, from, cc, subject".

I found the code where this is set: lib/Views/ListMessages.php, function
"ListMessages", in "switch ($args['searchmsg'])" .
I can force dimp to search the fields I want by adding the following
after the switch statement:
$field_array = array('To', 'Cc', 'From', 'Subject');

However, I do not really know where to go from here:
searchmsg seems to be set in imp.php using
Util::getPost('searchmsg')
That's where I am stuck: Where is this actually set/selected?
(I also found the string in js/DimpCore.js, but I have know idea what
this is all about ... ;-) ).

I there some code missing here or am I missing something?

Thanks,
Michael

--
Michael Redinger
Zentraler Informatikdienst (Central IT Services)
Austria                                Mail: Michael.Redinger at uibk.ac.at
BB98 D2FE 0F2C 2658 3780  3CB1 0FD7 A9D9 65C2 C11D
http://homepage.uibk.ac.at/~c102mr/mred-pubkey.asc