[imp] login failed message, but login was successful

neys neys at neys.org
Mon Feb 25 11:04:11 UTC 2008

Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von neys <neys at neys.org>:
>
>> hi list,
>>
>> since i changed my hordeauth from imp/imap to ldap, i get the following
>> error in 60% of my horde logins:
>> Login failed
>>
>> the error comes from imp, the user is successfully logged in to horde and a
>> klick on inbox opens it without problems or errors.
>>
>> so everything is working, but sometimes i get this annoying login error.
>>

>> it tried playing with the login_tries in imps servers.php, but neither
>> increasing then decreasing could help.
>>
>> has anyone any idea why this error occurs? i dont paste whole serverconfig,
>> but specific files if anyone has an idea.
>
> The LDAP user names might be case insensitive, the IMAP server's not.

yes, but i have no uppercase names. i should mention, that my imap server
(cyrus) authenticates against the same ldap database as horde. before i
switched horde auth to ldap, i queried the ldap over imp auth. that worked
always, i never got an "login failed" error. but since i first make an horde
ldap auth and then an login to cyrus, the cyrus login failes sometimes.

i use the following versions:
horde 3.1.5
imp 4.1.5
cyrus-imapd 2.2.13