[imp] Character encoding problem in Dimp (1.1RC-2)

Timo Hamina hamina at dataseed.fi
Wed Mar 5 09:10:23 UTC 2008

Hey,
I have been testing Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 1.1-RC2 and noticed
a character encoding problem when writing html-mail with FCKeditor as
the message composer (it didn't happen with Xinha).

The problem occurs if I view that html-message as plain text in my
email-client (Thunderbird, Dimp etc.). Characters like öäå gets messed
up as the there is:

in the mime message. However, the message body seems to be encoded in
utf-8 and that is why those characters gets messed up.

Actually I checked FCkeditor and that page is in utf-8:

So there seems to be a encoding mismatch between FCKeditor and Dimps
"message builder".

P.S. I haven't changed any options or settings, except that I use
FCKeditor as the message composer.

Regards,
Timo