[imp] DIMP cvs + Horde RC?

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Mar 6 03:41:18 UTC 2008

Quoting Liam Hoekenga <liamr at umich.edu>:

>> There is a *boatload* of changes.  I think another RC was mentioned at
>> the board meeting.  Or, for instant gratification, you can use a
>> snapshot, a CVS checkout of the release branch, or if it is a
>> patchfile to RC2 you are looking for, you can look at our script used
>> to make releases (framework/devtools/horde-make-release.php, and the
>> Horde_Release lib) for details on how we make diffs when we roll a
>> release.
>
> At the board meeting, it seemed like you guys were planning one more RC
> before the final release.  I'd say this is a large enough change to
> warrant another RC be cut sooner rather than later.

As long as folks will test two more RCs and not just one, I see no
reason not to release more RCs (at least for Horde/IMP/DIMP) now. If
the 2nd set of RCs (since there are still some outstanding bugs to be
fixed before final release, that should be in an RC first) won't be
tested by people who test ones that we release now, then that's an
issue.

-chuck