[imp] Character encoding problem in Dimp (1.1RC-2)

Timo Hamina hamina at dataseed.fi
Thu Mar 6 14:01:36 UTC 2008

Jan Schneider kirjoitti:
> Zitat von Timo Hamina <hamina at dataseed.fi>:
>

>> Hey,
>> I have been testing Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 1.1-RC2 and noticed
>> a character encoding problem when writing html-mail with FCKeditor as
>> the message composer (it didn't happen with Xinha).
>>
>> The problem occurs if I view that html-message as plain text in my
>> email-client (Thunderbird, Dimp etc.). Characters like öäå gets messed
>> up as the there is:

>> in the mime message. However, the message body seems to be encoded in
>> utf-8 and that is why those characters gets messed up.
>>
>> Actually I checked FCkeditor and that page is in utf-8:
>>
>> So there seems to be a encoding mismatch between FCKeditor and Dimps
>> "message builder".
>>
>> P.S. I haven't changed any options or settings, except that I use
>> FCKeditor as the message composer.
>>

> Do you see this in IMP too when using the HTML editor? If yes, then it
> has been fixed since RC2.
>
> Jan.

I tried sending html-message from imp too, and there it didn't happen.
Happens only in dimp with fckeditor.

P.S. If I input some non iso-8859-1 characters (for example euro sign,
EUR) to subject field in dimp, it gets shown as guestion mark  (?) in
any email client I view that message. Seems to be ok on imp, if I choose
utf-8 encoding for the message.