[imp] empty trash / empty spam / empty folder

Liam Hoekenga liamr at umich.edu
Fri Mar 7 19:56:16 UTC 2008

>> What is then /intended/ activity of "empty folder"?
>
> The intended behavior it to act as if the user went through all folder
> messages and deleted them manually. If he uses a trash folder, the
> messages are moved there, otherwise marked as deleted. If he set in
> his prefs to purge folders immediately, that should happen, otherwise
> not.

Should the screen refresh to show that messages have been deleted?

Should the status messages / UI elements be updated to reflect that the
messages have only been deleted a not expunged?  "Emptied all messages
from /foldername/" really says to me that the has been emptied, and for
that to happen, they need to be deleted /and/ expunged.

Liam