[imp] Saving login on mobile devices

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Mar 10 09:59:47 UTC 2008

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting Colin Guthrie <gmane at colin.guthr.ie>:
>
>> When Horde comes in, I have to auth again. I wish it could just use
>> Apache's credentials but I appreciate that this is not possible when
>> talking to the IMAP for mail (or is it? could some unified SASL method
>> work? All services are on the webserver if that helps?)
>
> You can tell imp/mimp to use Horde auth, and then tell Horde to use
> the http transparent auth driver.

Does that work? I always thought I have to relog into the mail part as
horde was not able to auth to the IMAP server using the credentials it
got from Apache. Cool if it works, but something i neglected to mention
while tring this scenario is that setting hordeauth to true or 'full'
(doesn't matter for me as there are no @'s in the username anyway) my
Apache seems to segv when generating sidebar.php... handy eh!? I've yet
to try and get a backtrace and log as the server I'm on is a little old
and I want to just do a general upgrade first to see if it's magically
fixed ;)

>> Reading a message didn't work - I needed to add 32 to the flags section
>> of the cache loader in message.php to make it work.
>
> I can't reproduce this.
>
>> Replying to messages didn't work as it tried to jump to IMP. I just had
>> to fix up composeLink() to use the MIMP site root define ahead of
>> 'compose.php' and that fixed that up.
>
> I can't reproduce this either.

Hmm, hopefully fixed in SVN then :) I was just using the latest RC
packages of horde+imp+mimp. If you don't know of any specific fixes for
this I will document it more fully and give a better test case. I just
kinda assumed that these were obvious issues and therefore would have
been fixed otherwise I'd have been more detailed....

Due to the integration with IMP, it could be that newer IMPs have fixed
both of these problems I had.

Cheers just now

Col