[imp] Best way to achive email hosting for several domains

Roberto Nunnari robi at nunnisoft.ch
Tue Mar 18 14:44:34 UTC 2008

Hi.

I'd like to know what are the best practices for implementing
email hosting for several domains. The service is accessible
via pop/imap/webmail

Apart from that, I'd like to ask for comments on my actual
comfiguration..
The system is already configured and running as follows:

# uname -rms
FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE-p23 i386

MTA:        sendmail
imap/pop:    mail/imap-uw
webmail:    horde from ports

Every mailbox as a local unix account, ie:
info at adomain.com --> a1
steve at adomain.com --> a2
info at anotherdomain.com --> b1
joe at anotherdomain.com --> b2
etc..

Now, everything works fine, but I'm a bit concerned with the
webmail login.. I'd like info at adomain.com to login with a
username equal to the email, but at present the authentication in
horde is handled by imp, I'm not sure how to proceed with that..

Any hints/suggestions are welcome.

Thank you and best regards.
Robi.