[imp] IMP's login and password expiring

Arminas g.arminas at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 09:08:44 UTC 2008

Hello everyone,

I am not sure if it is correct mailing list, but I have one specific
need from IMP's login screen. All I want to do, that if user tries to
login to mail server and his password is expired, some message is
shown (for egzample: "Your password is expired. Please change your
password www.passwordchange.com" or smth..) I am using IMAP protocol
to connect to mail server. Here is that I can get from server if I use
command echo print_r(); command:

Array ( [0] => SECURITY PROBLEM: insecure server advertised AUTH=PLAIN
[1] => Retrying PLAIN authentication after Password expired [2] =>
SECURITY PROBLEM: insecure server advertised AUTH=PLAIN [3] =>
Retrying PLAIN authentication after Password expired [4] => SECURITY
PROBLEM: insecure server advertised AUTH=PLAIN [5] => Can not
authenticate to IMAP server: Password expired )

I am not familiar with php, but I guess I need to take 5th element
from array and then I can use it for my own purposes... But where
could I put the php code. Or maybe it is already done in hooks or
smth?

Thanks,
Arminas