[imp] DIMP implementation for large organization

Kevin Konowalec webadmin at ualberta.ca
Fri Apr 18 18:49:42 UTC 2008

I'm just in the process of setting up a test instance of DIMP for our
installation.  We're currently running Imp with no problems at all and
our user base is about 75,000 (our stats show that we've had over 7
million logins and 3 million messages sent since jan 1... looking for
a projected year end total of almost 26 Million logins and nearly 11
million messages sent).  I can't imagine that Dimp would behave any
differently with high volume than Imp would since it's really just an
interface to your mail server.

The trick is how you set up your installation.  We have a cluster of
front ends, session handlers, and databases that is easily scaled in
case volume increases substantially.

Kevin