[imp] Latest RC testing with DIMP

John H. Bennett III bennettj at thebennetthome.com
Wed Apr 23 13:35:01 UTC 2008

> Quoting "John H. Bennett III" <bennettj at thebennetthome.com>:
>
>> In testing the latest RC candidates, I've run across three things that
>> I would like others to verify before opening bug reports.
>>
>> In all of my application/conf.php files, I have this line:
>> $conf['menu']['apps'] = array('accounts', 'dimp', 'gollem', 'horde',
>> 'imp', 'ingo', 'jeta', 'kronolith', 'mnemo', 'nag', 'turba');
>>

>> 1. Login to horde and choose dynamic.  Hovering above the menu icons
>> at the top of the dimp menu and the icons on the sidebar, both dynamic
>> mail and mail link to dimp.  This is inconsistent behavior.  If you
>> click on another menu item, like tasks, the sidebar inconsistency
>> stays, but the menu icons at the top of the app menu now show a link
>> to dimp for dynamic mail and a link to imp for mail.
>>
>> 2. Enable horde sidebar via imp options.  Login to horde and choose
>> traditional. Next click on dynamic mail icon, either in the sidebar or
>> via the top meny icons.  You now have two sidebars, the original one
>> and the dimp one.  The only way to clear this is to currently logout
>> and login.
>>
>> 3. Enable horde sidebar via imp options.  Login to horde and choose
>> dynamic.  Click on any other menu icon except for dimp or imp.  Now
>> click on imp, you should still have the dimp sidebar and not the imp
>> sidebar.  This may be acceptable.
>
> DIMP was not meant to be run via the traditional interface.  It was
> meant to be run standalone.
>
> michael

OK, fine, but if that is the case, then why offer the choices of
traditional, dynamic and minimalist upon login, if dimp is supposed to
be run standalone?  Convenience?  And why then do you give an admin
the ability to set every other horde application as a menu setting?
This would imply that everything is integrated.

It didn't take myself and some other testers long to stumble across
this issue while testing the RC's.  I was just trying to give feedback
on what we are seeing and experiencing.

I had been trying to show a consistent view of the menu apps across
all applications by using an includes statement so that I wouldn't
need to configure each application's $conf['menu']['apps'] = array...
section separately.  This kind of breaks that idea, and makes one have
to manually configure that for each app.

Thanks,

John