[imp] attachment changes after sent with imp

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at DRAKE.EDU
Wed Apr 30 13:00:24 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 30 April 2008 04:40, Philip Steeman wrote:
>Hello,
>I have an attachment, a labview-file  (see
>http://users.khbo.be/steeman/clock.vi).
>When I sent this with imp as a attachment, and I save it with imp it
> is changed!!

I've had similar problems before. It turned out to be that Imp (or more
appropriately, the libraries it relies on) was not detecting mime types
correctly. Getting fileinfo working fixed it. The issue is described in
greater detail in the archives. I recommend reading this thread because
Michael Slusarz explained the problem quite well:

http://marc.info/?t=114597510300001&r=1&w=2

If that link breaks, search for a message sent by me on 2006-04-25 with
the subject of "[imp] Attachment corruption problem" and you should
find the beginning of the thread.