[imp] attachment changes after sent with imp

Philip Steeman philip.steeman at khbo.be
Wed Apr 30 09:40:41 UTC 2008

Hello,
I have an attachment, a labview-file  (see
http://users.khbo.be/steeman/clock.vi).
When I sent this with imp as a attachment, and I save it with imp it is
changed!!
I think it is the same problem as the unicode problem.

Isn't it possible to encode ALL text-attachments in base64? The only
sollution we currently advice our students is to zip all this kind of
files before sending it to the teachers.

For other attachments (.rdp, .sav) the problem only existed when the
mail was sent with imp and read with thunderbird/Outlook. It was OK when
read with imp.
Now with this .vi file, the file isn't even usable anymore when sent
with imp AND read wiith imp.

Versions:
horde 3.1.7
imp 4.1.6