[imp] ubuntu setup

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon May 5 02:54:07 UTC 2008

Quoting Mauro Condarelli <mc5686 at mclink.it>:

> I installed a precompiled IMP4 on a recent ubuntu (gutsy) via aptitude.
> It installed all the required packages, including horde3.
>
> Now I seem unable to configure and/or access it.
>
> Several mails point to a INSTALL file that does not exist on my machine
> or to a 'setup.php' script I'm unable to find.
>
> Can someone point me to some description of what should I do to be able
> to use IMP4 to read my mail on an ubuntu server (dovecot+postfix+...)

Well, if the ubuntu package didn't include docs/INSTALL, the first
thing you should do is file a bug against ubuntu.

Next you should go to http://horde.org/horde/docs/ and
http://horde.org/imp/docs/ to read the INSTALL files. And you should
consider downloading the tarball version of HOrde/IMP (or perhaps
Groupware webmail edition) and going from there, using the INSTALL docs.

-chuck