[imp] tools for monitoring outbound spam

liamr at umich.edu liamr at umich.edu
Mon May 5 14:23:33 UTC 2008

Like many other institutions, we've got a problem with compromised
accounts being used to send spam.  I know that the new version of Horde
/ IMP will allow people to place limits on outbound mail... but there
is some concern in our organization that those methods will create
problems for some legitimate users.

Anyhoo.. I was wondering if anyone has written tools to monitor their
sendmail logs / webserver transfer logs for suspicious activity (or for
noticing that their servers have been added to RBLs).  Or if anyone is
using tools that do these things, or would be interested discussing the
development of tools or strategies

thx
Liam