[imp] Binary Attachment

Rob MacGregor rob.macgregor at gmail.com
Wed May 14 13:12:09 UTC 2008

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 12:38 PM, David Guedj <david.guedj at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When i try to send IMP file attachments made with the dd(1) unix
> command, the file is transfered fine but then apache2 eats 100% CPU
> for a limited time. Bigger is the file longer is apache eating 100%
> CPU (1MB = 1Minutes, roughly).
> As i said, the mail is transfered fine but when i receive it, the
> reported mail total size is doubled (each attachment has the correct
> size when i save them up on disk). Very strange...
>
> I have observed that happening in horde groupware 1.1 rc3 and 1.1 rc4.
> (Running: Apache 2.2.3  / PHP 5.2.0)

At least some of that will be because your attachment will be encoded
into Base64 (probably) before sending.  I'm fairly certain this has
been discussed in the last month or so on this list (but I follow a
lot of lists so I may be mistaken).

--
 Please keep list traffic on the list.

Rob MacGregor
 doesn't become a monster. Friedrich Nietzsche