[imp] horde 3.2 / imp 4.2 performance issues

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue May 20 23:09:38 UTC 2008

Zitat von Liam Hoekenga <liamr at umich.edu>:

> The loads on our machines have been much higher since we upgraded
> from  Horde 3.0.x / IMP 4.0.x. to the release candidates of Horde
> 3.2 and  IMP 4.2.  The load on our machines seems to be hanging out
> in the 3-5  range, and the application gets quite pokey.
>
> Our pool is made up of 3.0 - 3.6 ghz xeons (3-4 yo), w/ 4gb of RAM,
> the 2.6.21.3 kernel, apache 2.2.3 and php 5.2.5, on our own LFS
> based  distribution.  No load balancer.  Mysql 5.0.45 and Memcache
> 1.2.5 on  the backend.  Cyrus 2.2.12.
>
> I've attached our horde and imp conf.php files.  Am I doing
> something   stupid in either of them?

Where is the load coming from? If it's from the SQL queries, you
should consider using the SQL drivers for shares and permissions. If
it's coming from the IMAP server, you should review your msglist hook.
But there is not much more you can guess from the configuration files
only.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/