[imp] Address book auto completion off?

Janne Peltonen janne.peltonen at helsinki.fi
Tue Jun 3 14:07:26 UTC 2008

Hi!

One of our users would like to turn address book auto completion off (so
that he could use browser auto completion). To quote:

--clip--
Address Book search (while I write an email address) is SLOW compared
to the autocomplete option of the browser I got used to with earlier
versions of IMP. I suggest that the inline search could be turned off
to allow the browser to use the FAST autocomplete feature.

Consider, e.g., multiple addresses as a string like
    huuhaa at haahuu.com, my.friend at some.where, third.foo.bar at add.ress
Now, let's assume that I'm sending something for those guys a few
times a month or so. Earlier it was easy and fast, I just wrote
    huu
and picked up the rest provided by the browser. Now, the slow and
clumsy Address Book makes a total mess of this. If this "can't" be
fixed, I will return to the "No Address Book At All" option (which
I already used for a couple of weeks), and copypaste every address
or address combination from my documentation system to IMP.
However, it would be nice to test some features of the Address
Book, because it's five years since I did something with it, and it
seems to have a bunch of new features that could be useful for me.
--clip--

I couldn't find a configuration / preferences option for this, is there
one?

Thanks!

--
Janne Peltonen <janne.peltonen at helsinki.fi>