[imp] IMP 4.2 (RC4) / Mail.app interaction - changes made in mail.app not reflected in imp

Graeme Wood Graeme.Wood at ed.ac.uk
Thu Jun 5 20:10:35 UTC 2008

On 5 Jun 2008, at 21:06, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Quoting "Liam Hoekenga" <liamr at umich.edu>:
>
>> We're getting reports from our helpdesk that changes made in OSX
>> Mail.app (deleting messages, refiling them, changing flags) don't get
>> reflected in IMP.
>> I can't replicate it, and I've asked the consultants who can for more
>> details (browser, version of OSX, whether they're using Mail.app and
>> IMP simultaneously, etc) and hopefully a guide on how to replicate
>> the
>> issue.
>>
>> I'm guessing it's some weird IMP message cache vs Mail.app message
>> cache conflict.
>>
>> We're using 4.2RC4.
>>
>> Has anyone else seen something like this?
>
> Yeah, sure. You can turn of IMP's messagecache, but performance will
> suffer.

Or stop Mail.app from downloading and caching the messages. I use
Mail.app and
I don't experience the problem described. Though I am thinking of
giving up on
it as it is not the most robust of applications and suffers from a
number of
annoying problems.

--

Graeme Wood, Unix Section of the IT Infrastructure Division,
Information Services, The University of Edinburgh

The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body,
registered in Scotland, with registration number SC005336.