[imp] Spam plug-in

Matej Baćo matej at nivas.hr
Mon Jun 16 14:50:58 UTC 2008

I'm working on spam plug-in for IMP application.

Plug-in needs to have 2 features:
1. While the person is reading mail he can flag it as SPAM which will
contact the remote service, register content of mail as SPAM and
delete the message or put it in SPAM folder.
2. When the person checks new mail, list should be check for SPAM by
contacting remote service and deleting all SPAM mail or moving it to
SPAM folder.

Plug-in needs to be separated entity from IMP so it can be upgraded to
newer versions etc.

First I was thinking about using IMP hook as solution but realized the
solution is not separated enough from IMP. Installation would require
user to copy-paste php code.

So now I'm researching solution as separated Horde application which
will work inside IMP. Is this a good way and where to start?

One important note. For bout features I need access mail message in
raw format for example if it's an html mail I need all of his plain/
text parts (html and plain text). These parts are needed for remote
SPAM service.

Thank you for answers
Matej Baco