[imp] shared folder acl editing

Liam Hoekenga liamr at umich.edu
Fri Jul 18 14:04:10 UTC 2008

>> So.. since we get an empty drop-down and no field to list the
>> users, is it fair to assume that our backend thinks it can list
>> users, but isn't?
>
> Yes, sounds like it.

Weird.  I've checked lib/Horde/Auth/cosign.php, and see...

     var $capabilities = array('add'           => false,
                               'update'        => false,
                               'resetpassword' => false,
                               'remove'        => false,
                               'list'          => false,
                               'transparent'   => true);

Any other suggestions as to why it might think it can list users?

>> We're running a modified version of the "auto" authenticator that
>> sets the Horde user to the value of $_SERVER['REMOTE_USER'].  I
>> should probably contribute it back, as I think it would be useful
>> to other people.
>
> Why don't you use the http authentication driver?

Because it checks PHP_AUTH_USER instead of $_SERVER['REMOTE_USER'],
and our stuff doesn't set PHP_AUTH_USER.  We also don't use an
.htaccess file for authentication, or do anything that pretends to be
basic auth.

Liam