[imp] shared folder acl editing

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Jul 18 14:09:23 UTC 2008

Zitat von Liam Hoekenga <liamr at umich.edu>:

>>> So.. since we get an empty drop-down and no field to list the
>>> users, is it fair to assume that our backend thinks it can list
>>> users, but isn't?
>>
>> Yes, sounds like it.
>
> Weird.  I've checked lib/Horde/Auth/cosign.php, and see...
>
>     var $capabilities = array('add'           => false,
>                               'update'        => false,
>                               'resetpassword' => false,
>                               'remove'        => false,
>                               'list'          => false,
>                               'transparent'   => true);
>
> Any other suggestions as to why it might think it can list users?

Revisting the code, I noticed that my assumption was not correct. We
actually check if 'admin' settings exist in servers.php, because
that's what we also do to check if the 'list' capability is available
when using IMP authentication.

>>> We're running a modified version of the "auto" authenticator that
>>> sets the Horde user to the value of $_SERVER['REMOTE_USER'].  I
>>> should probably contribute it back, as I think it would be useful
>>> to other people.
>>
>> Why don't you use the http authentication driver?
>
> Because it checks PHP_AUTH_USER instead of $_SERVER['REMOTE_USER'],
> and our stuff doesn't set PHP_AUTH_USER.  We also don't use an
> .htaccess file for authentication, or do anything that pretends to
> be basic auth.

Ah, I thought REMOTE_USER was set by some http basic auth.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/