[imp] Difference between forwarding and redirecting

Roman Serbski mefystofel at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 12:34:00 UTC 2008

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 3:00 PM, Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> wrote:
> Zitat von Roman Serbski?<mefystofel at gmail.com>:
>
>> Here comes small problem. As soon I want to redirect a message (which
>> was marked as SPAM, signed with DomainKeys and redirected to
>> postmaster) I get the following error in Apache log file:
>> qmail-inject: fatal: qq internal bug (#4.3.0). At the same time,
>> forwarding such messages works OK (as well as redirecting messages
>> that were NOT signed). I think it has something to do with the way how
>> redirect is handled in Horde, but I was not able to find any
>> configuration options regarding redirect or qmail-inject(?).
>
> Redirect is sending the message again exactly as it is. Forwarding is, well,
> forwarding the message, i.e. depending on the forwarding message, building a
> new message or attaching the old message.

Thank you Jan. But in terms of technical realization -- is there any
difference between forwarding and redirecting? I mean, when you
forward or create a new message
$conf['mailer']['params']['sendmail_path'] is the key configuration
option, is it applicable for redirecting as well or it's handled
differently? I'm just trying to understand where my fault is and why
forwarding of signed messages works OK and redirecting of signed
messaged doesn't.

Thank you indeed.
Roman