[imp] issue w/ "rename_sentmail_monthly" maintnenace task (was Re: replaying monthly maintenance)

Liam Hoekenga liamr at umich.edu
Mon Aug 4 18:32:37 UTC 2008

>> So, I'm trying to invoke the monthly "rename sent-mail folder at
>> the beginning of the month" maintenance.
>
> So, instead of removing last_maintenance, just set it to a date from
> the previous month.

Thanks very much!

So, here's the problem I'm investigating.  If you have maintenance
enabled, and tell it to rename the sent-mail folder at the beginning
of the month, the session that performs the maintenance will display
this upon login..

* sent-mail folder being renamed at the start of the month.
* The folder "sent-mail" was successfully renamed to "sent-mail-jul-2008".
* The folder "sent-mail" already exists

sent-mail appears in the folder list (but I think that's because the
folder list was populated and cached upon login).

If you try to access "sent-mail" from the drop down, or the folder
management screen, you get dropped into what appears to be an empty
folder.

If you send a message, you get..

     Message sent successfully, but not saved to sent-mail

If you try to copy or move a message into sent-mail, you get...

     There was an error copying messages from "Inbox" to "sent-mail".
     This is what the server said: [TRYCREATE] Mailbox does not exist

Checking the folder list using external means shows that sent-mail
does not actually exist.

Access to the sent-mail folder is reestablished in subsequent sessions
(ie - logout of IMP, log back in, sent-mail now works again), but I'm
sure that's because we've got a postlogin hook to create the
sent_mail_folder if it doesn't exist.  We continue to see this
behavior even if I disable our postlogin hook.

I'll post a bug report, but I was wondering if anyone has seen this?

Liam