[imp] Development of external User Admin script for Horde / IMP.

Colin C. Woods (eFinity) colin at myefinity.com
Fri Aug 15 16:26:27 UTC 2008

Hello,

I'm new to this list, but I am very excited about my Horde installation. I
recently installed Horde Webmail Edition 1.1.1 onto my webserver. However, I
run a membership-based website on a completely separate server, and want to
give my users the ability to use webmail (Horde / IMP). Therefore, I would
like to have the ability to call upon a PHP script that would automatically
maintain user accounts on my Horde Webmail server.

The admin PHP script should do the following:

-- Add a user account (username and full name)

-- Delete a user account

-- Suspend a user account

Furthermore, the script should be in a command-line, URL-based format, such
as:

http://www.example.com/admin/utils/horde_admin_script.php?adduser=joe?passwo
rd=sample?FullName=JoeBaker

to delete a user would be something like:

http://www.example.com/admin/utils/horde_admin_script.php?deluser=joe?passwo
rd=sample?FullName=JoeBaker

I also need to have the script report back to the site with an error
condition depending on whether or not the user add failed or not.

I don't care too much about security, as I would hide this script deep
within a complex directory structure. I simply need this script in order to
achieve API calls from my other website whenever a new user registers, or an
old user becomes invalidated.

Question: Is this possible? My setup currently authenticates from Linux via
Horde. I would welcome the ability to authenticate users using a MySQL
database table, such as an "imp_users" table or something to that effect.

I am willing to pay someone for these services, if necessary. I thank you
for the assistance. Please feel free to contact me (via e-mail at
colin at myefinity.com).

Thank you very much for your time.

Kind Regards,

Colin Woods